#244 – Amazon Australia, Split Testing, and Navigating E-Com Patent Issues
For many, the early years selling on Amazon are referred to as the “wild west days.” Amazon’s relaxed rules governing reviews and giveaways allowed new products to rocket to the top of the page (in many cases) without a single penny having been spent on PPC.
While selling on Amazon has changed dramatically in the last five years, many of the processes that helped entrepreneurs find success back then, are still relevant today. That’s why in this episode of the Serious Sellers Podcast, Helium 10’s Director of Training and Chief Evangelist, Bradley Sutton welcomes Leonard Palad, an e-commerce veteran who’s here to help put selling on Amazon in 2021 into historical perspective.
After charging an Amazon selling course to his wife’s credit card, Leonard quickly found that e-commerce was in his blood. So much so, that he’s still (very successfully) selling his first Amazon product. Beginner’s luck? Sometimes. Most often it’s a result of doing a lot of the little things, and all of the big things right. Listen in and you’ll have the opportunity to hear about what has made Leonard such an Amazon-selling success.
Then, take those strategies and start your own e-commerce dynasty. It’s true; the wild west days are over but there are still plenty of riches out there to be had by those who are working hard and following time-tested paths to success.
In episode 244 of the Serious Sellers Podcast, Bradley and Leonard discuss:
- 02:23 – An Early Start with Computers
- 03:27 – Purchasing a Course with His Wife’s Credit Card
- 05:22 – 20X-ing His Income Selling on Amazon
- 07:10 – Making the Move to Selling Full-time on Amazon
- 08:51 – A Five Figure Amazon Seller by 2015
- 09:08 – Patent Issues Put a Stop to a Second Big Amazon Product
- 13:38 – Leonard’s Best E-Com Memories
- 17:21 – A Hand Sanitizer Product Takes Off
- 19:04 – Don’t Be Afraid of Seasonal or Quick Hitting Products
- 24:05 – Leonard is a Fan of Split Testing
- 27:40 – Using Amazon’s A/B Testing for A Plus Content
- 29:01 – What’s the Latest on Amazon Australia?
- 34:16 – Back to School for a Master’s in Marketing
- 38:19 – How to Contact Leonard
Enjoy this episode? Be sure to check out our previous episodes for even more content to propel you to Amazon FBA Seller success! And don’t forget to “Like” our Facebook page and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Google Podcast or wherever you listen to our podcast.
Want to absolutely start crushing it on Amazon? Here are few carefully curated resources to get you started:
- Freedom Ticket: Taught by Amazon thought leader Kevin King, get A-Z Amazon strategies and techniques for establishing and solidifying your business.
- Ultimate Resource Guide: Discover the best tools and services to help you dominate on Amazon.
- Helium 10: 20+ software tools to boost your entire sales pipeline from product research to customer communication and Amazon refund automation. Make running a successful Amazon business easier with better data and insights. See what our customers have to say.
- Helium 10 Chrome Extension: Verify your Amazon product idea and validate how lucrative it can be with over a dozen data metrics and profitability estimation.
- SellerTradmarks.com: Trademarks are vital for protecting your Amazon brand from hijackers, and sellertrademarks.com provides a streamlined process for helping you get one.
- #281 – From 40k a Day to Losing Over $1 Million! – Kevin King Shares a Cautionary Tale - September 18, 2021
- #280 – From Amazon Posts to Product Inserts: Big Wins for Small Brands - September 14, 2021
- #279 – Getting More Bang For Your Buck From Your Amazon Proceeds - September 11, 2021