#150 – How I Successfully Launched 12 Products on Amazon for Only 5K – A Case Study
Updated on: October 6, 2020
We all know that selling on Amazon represents a great opportunity to make money. But we’ve also heard the saying that, “It takes money to make money.”
That might be true. However, the amount of money that it takes is smaller than you imagine. Today on the Serious Sellers Podcast, Helium 10’s Director of Training and Customer Success, Bradley Sutton presents another of his Amazon case studies. This one involves starting an Amazon business with the modest sum of $5000.
Bradley used that $5000 to launch 12 SKUs, run an advertising campaign, and pay Amazon’s fees. In less than a year, he’s over $3000 ahead and still has $10,000 worth of inventory that’s in the selling pipeline. His client might not be making plans to retire yet, but it’s a cool way to see that the door to success is wide open.
In episode 150 of the Serious Sellers Podcast, Bradley discusses:
- 01:45 – Project 5K is Born
- 03:00 – Starting Off with Helium 10’s Black Box
- 05:40 – Splitting a Single Listing into Two
- 07:00 – “Frequently Bought Together” Helps Bradley Differentiate
- 09:30 – Double-Duty Packaging
- 12:00 – A Mini Pivot to Straws as an Amazon Product
- 14:00 – A High Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) Adds More SKUs
- 17:00 – 30 Units of “Search Find Buy” Gets Things Going
- 20:00 – Using Helium 10’s Tools Suite from A to Z
- 22:30 – 3000 in Profits with 10K in Inventory to Go
- 25:00 – Not a Lot of Money to Get Started, but Scaling is Slower
- 27:00 – With Seasonal Products, Timing is Everything
- 29:50 – The Honeymoon Period is Real
- 30:20 – Bradley’s 30 Second Tip
- 32:00 – Why Not Start Your Own Project 5K?
Enjoy this episode? Be sure to check out our previous episodes for even more content to propel you to Amazon FBA Seller success! And don’t forget to “Like” our Facebook page and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Google Play or wherever you listen to our podcast.
Want to absolutely start crushing it on Amazon? Here are few carefully curated resources to get you started:
- Freedom Ticket: Taught by Amazon thought leader Kevin King, get A-Z Amazon strategies and techniques for establishing and solidifying your business.
- Ultimate Resource Guide: Discover the best tools and services to help you dominate on Amazon.
- Helium 10: 20+ software tools to boost your entire sales pipeline from product research to customer communication and Amazon refund automation. Make running a successful Amazon business easier with better data and insights. See what our customers have to say.
- Helium 10 Chrome Extension: Verify your Amazon product idea and validate how lucrative it can be with over a dozen data metrics and profitability estimation.
- SellerTradmarks.com: Trademarks are vital for protecting your Amazon brand from hijackers, and sellertrademarks.com provides a streamlined process for helping you get one.