#179 – Expert Strategies for Sourcing, Alibaba, and Micro-influencers – Kian Golzari
The e-commerce selling ecosystem is exploding and it’s happening in the middle of a global pandemic. One of the most satisfying aspects of selling on Amazon is that the business model is helping solve problems that conventional business models are now struggling to manage.
Today on the Serious Sellers Podcast, Helium 10’s Director of Training and Chief Brand Evangelist, Bradley Sutton welcomes Kian Golzari, a true e-commerce superstar who’s been involved in many different elements of the online marketplace.
He’s personally sourced over 2,500 products for global brands such as Bed, Bath & Beyond and was awarded the 2012 Olympic Games contract to design, produce, and supply official merchandise. He’s here today to offer tips including using micro-influencers, working with smaller factories, and employing Alibaba as a coronavirus work-around to source suppliers.
In episode 179 of the Serious Sellers Podcast, Bradley and Kian Discuss:
- 01:23 – Kian’s Association with Pro Sports
- 03:39 – A Global Marketing Effort Focused on Travel
- 06:22 – The Market Will Tell You When it’s Time to Launch
- 08:44 – Micro-Influencers Can Really Add Up
- 10:45 – Owning Your Audience by Building Community
- 12:59 – It All Starts with a Winning Product
- 16:01 – Alibaba – A Great Coronavirus Work-Around
- 16:11 – Using Alibaba to Search for Suppliers
- 17:46 – Filtering for the Best Factories
- 24:33 – How to Determine a Good Sourcing Agent
- 30:01 – Negotiating a Good Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) During COVID
- 33:37 – Smaller Factories Offer Greater Flexibility
- 35:07 – What’s the Best Way to Source Product Samples?
- 40:22 – Kian’s 30 Second Tip
- 45:30 – How to Get in Contact with Kian
Enjoy this episode? Be sure to check out our previous episodes for even more content to propel you to Amazon FBA Seller success! And don’t forget to “Like” our Facebook page and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Google Play or wherever you listen to our podcast.
Want to absolutely start crushing it on Amazon? Here are few carefully curated resources to get you started:
- Freedom Ticket: Taught by Amazon thought leader Kevin King, get A-Z Amazon strategies and techniques for establishing and solidifying your business.
- Ultimate Resource Guide: Discover the best tools and services to help you dominate on Amazon.
- Helium 10: 20+ software tools to boost your entire sales pipeline from product research to customer communication and Amazon refund automation. Make running a successful Amazon business easier with better data and insights. See what our customers have to say.
- Helium 10 Chrome Extension: Verify your Amazon product idea and validate how lucrative it can be with over a dozen data metrics and profitability estimation.
- SellerTradmarks.com: Trademarks are vital for protecting your Amazon brand from hijackers, and sellertrademarks.com provides a streamlined process for helping you get one.