#181 – PPC Talks – Amazon DSP, Negative Matching Strategies, and Sponsored Brand Video Ads | George Meressa
When it comes to enormous, world-wide ecosystems, there are very few that can compete with the sheer scale of Amazon. One that can however, is Google. Considering that, it’s no surprise that this episode’s guest spent his early e-commerce years successfully managing Google ads before transitioning to Amazon’s advertising platform.
Today on the Serious Sellers Podcast, Helium 10’s Director of Training and Chief Brand Ambassador, Bradley Sutton welcomes George Meressa. George grew up in Ethiopia then London and knew from an early age that he had an entrepreneurial spirit. After early success with Google ads, he rapidly transitioned to Amazon PPC advertising and has become one of the outstanding names in the field.
In this episode, he speaks about managing ad spend, the importance of advertising campaign “history,” sponsored brand video ads, and when to use the tactic of negative matching.
In episode 181 of the Serious Sellers Podcast, Bradley and George discuss:
- 02:40 – Growing Up with an Entrepreneurial Spirit
- 05:00 – Getting Started with Google Ads
- 06:20 – Successfully Advertising to Help Customers
- 08:40 – Paying $200 for 2000 Emails
- 11:00 – 4.5 Million a Year in Managed Ad Spend and 4X-ing Growth
- 12:15 – What are Sellers Overlooking with Amazon PPC?
- 14:45 – Market Tracker is a “Game Changer”
- 17:00 – 200 Five Star Reviews in the First Month
- 20:45 – How Campaign “History” has an Impact
- 22:00 – What is Amazon Demand Side Platform (DSP)?
- 25:00 – Truly Targeted Ads
- 26:45 – When to Negative Match
- 29:30 – Child Campaigns – All Together with PPC
- 31:15 – Negative Matching on Auto Campaigns
- 36:00 – George’s Best PPC Tip
- 37:45 – How to Get in Touch with George
Enjoy this episode? Be sure to check out our previous episodes for even more content to propel you to Amazon FBA Seller success! And don’t forget to “Like” our Facebook page and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Google Play or wherever you listen to our podcast.
Want to absolutely start crushing it on Amazon? Here are few carefully curated resources to get you started:
- Freedom Ticket: Taught by Amazon thought leader Kevin King, get A-Z Amazon strategies and techniques for establishing and solidifying your business.
- Ultimate Resource Guide: Discover the best tools and services to help you dominate on Amazon.
- Helium 10: 20+ software tools to boost your entire sales pipeline from product research to customer communication and Amazon refund automation. Make running a successful Amazon business easier with better data and insights. See what our customers have to say.
- Helium 10 Chrome Extension: Verify your Amazon product idea and validate how lucrative it can be with over a dozen data metrics and profitability estimation.
- SellerTradmarks.com: Trademarks are vital for protecting your Amazon brand from hijackers, and sellertrademarks.com provides a streamlined process for helping you get one.