The Helium 10 Chrome Extension has a new Amazon tool – the Amazon Profitability Calculator!
This innovation from Helium 10 gives you the power to see how profitable a particular product would be at a glance if you sold it. Check out details like product dimensions, FBA storage fees, margin percentages, and more!
Check out our video on the new Amazon Profitability Calculator:
To access the Amazon Profitability Calculator, log into Helium 10 via the member dashboard and ensure that you have not disabled third-party cookies in Chrome.
Go to Amazon and navigate to a product listing you want information on. Access the tool in one of three ways:
#1 The Helium 10 Chrome Extension
This is the most straightforward way as it appears in the extension list with Xray and the other tools. Select the Helium 10 extension icon on the Chrome toolbar in the top right corner to display the tool list.
#2 The Helium 10 Product Listing Analytics
Scroll down the listing to find the Helium 10 section of the listing that displays our Amazon analytics. On the toolbar, select the “Profitability Calculator” option to open the pop-up window.
#3 Search Results Page
If you are browsing over multiple products, this option will allow you to view the Amazon Profitability Calculator for many products without having to click into the listings individually. When Helium 10’s browser extension is enabled, you will see a “Calculate Fees” link on each listing. Just click the “Calculate Fees” link to open the Amazon FBA fee calculator widget.
Amazon Profitability Calculator Elements
The new tool provides a lot of helpful information for FBA sellers to use, including the following:
- Outbound Shipping Weight
- Size Tier (ex. Oversized)
- Estimated Time in Storage (in months)
- Estimated Unit Manufacturing Cost
- Estimated Freight Cost (with measurement options)
- Unit Freight Cost
- Storage Fees for January – September
- Storage Fees for October – December
- FBA (Fulfillment By Amazon) Fee
- Referral Fee (15%)
- Net Fees for January – September
- Margins for January – September
- Net Fees for October – December
- Margins for October – December
Armed with this information, you can get a real idea about what sourcing and selling a product will be like in reality. You will just need to estimate costs like manufacturing and shipping, but once you have those you will have a fairly good idea what the potential profit margin will be.
Want to absolutely start crushing it on Amazon and make more money? Follow these steps for helpful resources to get started:
- Get the Ultimate Resource Guide from Manny Coats for tools and services that he uses every day to dominate on Amazon!
- New to Selling on Amazon? Freedom Ticket offers the best tips, tricks, and strategies for beginners just starting out! Sign up for Freedom Ticket.
- Trying to Find a New Product? Get the most powerful Amazon product research tool in Black Box, available only at Helium 10! Start researching with Black Box.
- Want to Verify Your Product Idea? Use Xray in our Chrome extension to check how lucrative your next product idea is with over a dozen metrics of data! Download the Helium 10 Chrome Extension.
- The Ultimate Software Tool Suite for Amazon Sellers! Get more Helium 10 tools that can help you to optimize your listings and increase sales for a low price! Sign up today!
- Protect Your Amazon Brand with a Trademark! Protecting your brand from hijackers is vital. SellerTradmarks.com provides a streamlined process for obtaining a trademark for your business and shielding your products from fraud!
- Ready to Get Serious About Your Amazon FBA game? The Illuminati Mastermind offers monthly training for advanced level sellers. Reserve your waitlist seat today so you don’t miss out on this helpful webinar!
- Does Amazon Owe YOU Money? Find Out for FREE! If you have been selling for over a year on Amazon, you may be owed money for lost or damaged inventory and not even know it. Get a FREE refund report to see how much you’re owed!
Have questions or comments about the Helium 10 Amazon Profitability Calculator? Let us know below in the comments!
Latest posts by Helium 10 (see all)
- Best Books for Amazon Sellers: The MUST Reads for 2019 - January 4, 2019
- The Amazon Pan-European FBA Program: What You Need to Know - December 20, 2018
- Keyword Search Volume & Relevance is DEAD: Should Sellers Worry? - December 14, 2018