What Are The Best Amazon FBA Courses?
What is Amazon FBA?
When you sell with Amazon FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon), you effectively earn a fast track to the most exciting part of any business journey: the first sale.
When you sell using the FBA model, Amazon takes care of:
- Storing your product (shipped directly from your source)
- Sorting, packing, and distribution of your product
- Shipping (often with two-day free Prime shipping to your customers – a big incentive to buy these days!)
- Customer service inquiries
This leaves you to focus on:
- Creating a great Amazon listing
- Inventory management
- Building your brand
- Keyword research to help your product(s) climb the Amazon ranks
If you are interested in starting your own online business, Amazon FBA is hands down the most accessible way to begin and the best place to help scale your business fast. Take advantage of multi-channel fulfillment, international markets, and many Amazon seller programs designed to make bonafide entrepreneurs out of everyday hobbyists.
Is an Amazon FBA Course Worth it?
The beauty of the Amazon marketplace is that anyone can get started selling using whichever self-taught methods they choose.
However, most amateur sellers will not seek a proper e-commerce education. Consequently, many of these sellers are destined to stumble into easily avoidable pitfalls (at best) or tank their FBA business in a matter of months (at worst.)
If you are truly serious about growing a successful Amazon FBA business and turning a serious profit, taking an Amazon FBA course is most definitely worth it and in your best interest.
Some people use private coaches, some people learn by working with a company that works with Amazon. For many, it helps to have a structured curriculum. A deliberate Amazon FBA course builds a foundation to make sure sellers don’t make the all-too-common mistakes made in the first weeks of doing business.
It’s important to note: selling on Amazon is not just one thing.
You may be interested in retail arbitrage – Purchasing products from a physical retail store, then selling online for a profit.
Selling wholesale may appeal to you – Purchasing products in bulk directly from a manufacturer, then selling on Amazon at retail prices. If you’re interested in wholesale selling, check out NHL player and Stanley Cup winner Stephane Yelle’s story here.
Finding a private label niche may check all your boxes – You source unique private label products under your own brand. This is the most popular method (and easiest to manage).
Before you decide on an Amazon seller course, you must decide which one of these methods you will be pursuing. They will each affect your selling experience in vastly different ways.
What to Look For in the Best Amazon FBA Courses
Before you choose an Amazon FBA course, you should know the value they’re bringing to the table. Every proven Amazon course will tout they’re the best bang for your buck, and chances are you won’t truly know until you take the plunge. However, in the spirit of being a responsible shopper, it’s critical we single out some things to keep an eye out for.
Below, we’ve identified the four most important factors in the best Amazon seller courses.
- Recent information – The e-commerce world (and Amazon marketplace specifically) is constantly changing. If you want to play in the Amazon arena, you need to play by their rules. If you want to succeed in the Amazon arena, you need to be on top of current trends. These two things are never the same for long. Look for a class that is continuously updated with the most recent and relevant information.
- The class doesn’t have to break your bank – It’s not uncommon for e-commerce coaches and seminars to charge an arm, leg, and a kidney for their “expertise.” Don’t get us wrong, snagging a front-row seat to learn from the valuable experience of successful sellers will cost you. But remember, you still need money left over to start your FBA business!
- Real-world examples – Talk is cheap (or not so much, depending on who you’re taking classes from). A proper Amazon seller class will include applicable examples and practical demonstrations of their strategies. This works two-fold.
First, it proves what they’re telling you works in the live market. Often, a seemingly golden “PowerPoint strategy” sounds great in a presentation but will not translate accurately to the wild west of the Amazon marketplace. Anyone can make coaching sound good in a controlled environment.
Second, it is easier to pick up new information when you can apply it to a situation you may encounter yourself.
It’s the difference between teaching someone algebra and teaching someone how to responsibly plan their 401k.
- Is there a community of support? – Unfortunately, there is no “continued education” for Amazon sellers, only other courses. Look for an e-commerce course that has a built-in community. Having a passionate Amazon seller community to bounce ideas off of, troubleshoot common Amazon seller issues, and offer moral support is, in some cases, worth just as much as formal Amazon FBA training.
How Much Do Amazon FBA Courses Cost?
This is a point of contention and debate in Amazon seller circles. Many popular courses can cost 4,000-7,000 dollars. Is this more than they’re worth? Unfortunately, it’s not such a simple question. If you start an online business that ends up making you hundreds of thousands of dollars, it makes sense. However, for most new Amazon sellers, progress is gradual, and you will hit a point where you’ll get more value out of your own experience rather than dropping enough money for a used car on online classes.
The Best Amazon FBA Course for Those Who Don’t Know Where to Start
If you have heard of Helium 10, then you know we’ve made a name for ourselves with our Amazon seller tools for Amazon product research, keyword research, listing optimization, marketing, and analytics.
Whether you’re looking to start with Amazon arbitrage or are looking for a great private label product, an Amazon FBA training course can help.
Freedom Ticket is the model for online Amazon seller courses. With over 80 structured modules and 50+ hours of strategies, practical examples, and easy-to-understand methods, Freedom Ticket is built around the serious entrepreneur – both the beginner and the advanced seller.
We know starting your own business is intimidating – more than that – it can be downright painful. There’s no shame in admitting that and no use in sugarcoating it. However, with the right tools and a solid game plan, starting your own business can be one of the most rewarding achievements in your life.
Freedom Ticket is a proven Amazon course led by 8-figure seller and Amazon expert Kevin King (he’s been in the industry since the 90’s… quite literally putting the “e” in e-commerce). Throughout the course, Kevin lays the foundation of what it takes to start selling today.
This is not a presentation, this is not a seminar aimed at selling a slimy, get-rich-quick book. This is a class that you will follow along with weekly, implementing the strategies you learn along the way to grow your Amazon business.
Rather than drone on and on about how groundbreaking Freedom Ticket is, I’ll give you the highlights, served straight up.
- Freedom Ticket is $997 – All eight weeks of training included handouts and all written notes for every module.
- We constantly update Freedom Ticket with new strategies and techniques to keep you ahead of the curve. The last thing you want when running a business is to be playing catch up. Did Amazon just change its product listing policy? We got you covered.
- Freedom Ticket includes specialized training for Helium 10’s Amazon seller tools to give you an edge and a half on the everyday “casual” seller.
- This proven online course material includes real-world examples, implementing the strategies you learn – we want you to see them in action. No controlled demos here. This includes our breakout Amazon case study, Project X.
You can take Freedom Ticket independently, OR instead of paying $997, take advantage of Helium 10 covering 100% of the cost of the class for its members.
Just Interested in the Amazon Seller Tools?
Freedom Ticket tells you how to sell on Amazon. Helium 10 tools show you how to win on Amazon.
Helium 10 is the most in-depth Amazon seller software suite available, with over 25 tools (and counting). We’re extremely proud of this, but let’s face it… this whole “selling on Amazon” thing can be overwhelming, even without two dozen tools to help out.
Amazon seller tools and widgets are only as useful as the hands they are in (and the mind behind them).
You’ll want to head to The Helium 10 Academy for a hands-on walk-through for each and every one of our tools. We offer this 100% free and include quizzes, glossaries, and even a certification test.
This course is designed to take you through the entire Amazon seller’s journey. You aren’t just learning how to use the tools, but why to use them and how they solve real-world Amazon problems
Not ready to pull the trigger on the ultimate Amazon seller course yet? No problem, we still have free resources for you to learn more about the Amazon marketplace and catch up on trending news.
The Helium 10 blog is a great place to catch the latest selling strategies, entrepreneur stories, and current Amazon trends.
Lastly (for the news junkies out there), stay on top of the ball with Helium 10’s weekly news videos.
It’s impossible to overlook that this is a time of great change. One of the very best ways to manage the uncertainty that accompanies life in 2020 is through acquired knowledge and by continuing to add to our box of e-commerce tools.
Make sure and take advantage of the many resources available to keep growing as Amazon sellers and entrepreneurs. It’s an exciting journey that you’re on.
Helium 10 is here to help you every step of the way.
Frequently Asked Questions
Everything for your business on Amazon.
Find out more about our products by signing up or speaking with one of our
Customer Success representatives today. With us in your corner, you can enjoy
more sales and increased engagement from your Amazon business.