#222 – Four Teenage Entrepreneurs Offer Advice Suitable for Amazon Sellers of Any Age
There are many different ways to measure just how much e-commerce has grown in the last number of years. Just look at how selling on Amazon has expanded to the farthest reaches of the globe. But there’s another direction that online commerce has stretched the boundaries, and that’s the wide range in the age of the participants.
In this episode of the Serious Sellers Podcast, Helium 10’s Director of Training and Chief Evangelist, Bradley Sutton welcomes four teenagers who have all found success, and an exciting glimpse of their future in e-commerce.
Makayla, Salih, Salman, and Jake are collectively younger than many of us now enjoying the process of finding our way in e-commerce. Still, their youthfulness hasn’t prevented them from filling the next 40 minutes with business advice that might have made Walmart’s Sam Walton proud.
At the end of the day, a lot of (any kind of) success comes down to hard work, focus, and a willingness to do what’s necessary to make your dreams come true. These four young sellers have adult portions of all three of those qualities.
In episode 222 of the Serious Sellers Podcast, Bradley, Makayla, Salman, Salih and Jake discuss:
- 04:00 – A Report from Pakistan
- 05:30 – A Desire for a New Phone Started Everything
- 07:30 – “Cold Calling” Websites
- 09:30 – A Pivot to Writing E-Commerce Listings
- 11:45 – Providing A to Z Services – From Launch to Delivery
- 16:00 – Rinsing and Repeating Patio Furnaces for a 45K Profit
- 20:45 – “You’re Going to Have to Cut a Few Things Out” to Succeed
- 23:00 – Dropshipping, Then Preparing to Exit a Legging Brand
- 26:30 – An Online Skin Care Company Gave Him a First Taste of E-Com
- 29:00 – Time to Build a Brand
- 31:30 – Inventory Forecasting Helped Weather the Pandemic
- 34:00 – Choose One: Chores, Move Out, or E-Commerce
- 36:15 – 100K in Nine Months on Shopify at 13 Years of Age
- 38:30 – A Fully Funded College Education is One Big Benefit
- 41:00 – Helping Friends Find Online Selling Success
- 43:00 – How to Connect with Our Guests
Enjoy this episode? Be sure to check out our previous episodes for even more content to propel you to Amazon FBA Seller success! And don’t forget to “Like” our Facebook page and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Google Play or wherever you listen to our podcast.
Want to absolutely start crushing it on Amazon? Here are few carefully curated resources to get you started:
- Freedom Ticket: Taught by Amazon thought leader Kevin King, get A-Z Amazon strategies and techniques for establishing and solidifying your business.
- Ultimate Resource Guide: Discover the best tools and services to help you dominate on Amazon.
- Helium 10: 20+ software tools to boost your entire sales pipeline from product research to customer communication and Amazon refund automation. Make running a successful Amazon business easier with better data and insights. See what our customers have to say.
- Helium 10 Chrome Extension: Verify your Amazon product idea and validate how lucrative it can be with over a dozen data metrics and profitability estimation.
- SellerTradmarks.com: Trademarks are vital for protecting your Amazon brand from hijackers, and sellertrademarks.com provides a streamlined process for helping you get one.