#203 – The 2021 Amazon Product Research Strategy Blueprint
When you’re selling on Amazon, success often comes down a combination of the strategies that you’re using. Maybe it’s selling on Walmart and Etsy, or what kind of PPC techniques you’re employing. But, at the end of the day, you’ve still got to find the right product to sell on Amazon.
In this episode of the Serious Sellers Podcast, Helium 10’s Director of Training and Chief Brand Evangelist, Bradley Sutton reveals his yearly, deep-dive product research strategies.
Listen in to hear his 2021 blueprint for product research. He’ll talk about what he’s doing right now and has planned for the coming year. Some of these strategies he’s never given on the podcast before!
In this episode Bradley will demonstrate different ways to identify opportunity on Amazon. As importantly, he’ll show how to clearly see why you wouldn’t want to sell a particular product. He’ll talk about interesting ways to find products both on and off Amazon and also tell what a “test listing” is and why you’d want to use one.
If you want to be successful on Amazon, you need to find a good product. This should be your first step!
In episode 203 of the Serious Sellers Podcast, Bradley discusses:
- 01:22 – What is NOT an Opportunity on Amazon
- 04:17 – How Can You Make Money with Your Product?
- 05:49 – Understanding the Signs
- 07:45 – Too Many Competitors is a Red Flag
- 12:10 – What Indicates High Demand for a Product?
- 13:36 – Using Filters to Narrow Your Search
- 19:07 – If the Sales are There, Use Cerebro to Find the Keywords
- 22:39 – Searching for High Demand Keywords
- 26:31 – Using Helium 10’s Competitor Revenue Filter
- 29:42 – Checking Trends Off-Amazon
- 35:10 – Taking Advantage of a “Test” Listing
- 36:40 – Using Filters to Hop on Lucrative Bandwagons
- 39:37 – Irrelevant Page One Results are a Good Sign
Enjoy this episode? Be sure to check out our previous episodes for even more content to propel you to Amazon FBA Seller success! And don’t forget to “Like” our Facebook page and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Google Play or wherever you listen to our podcast.
Want to absolutely start crushing it on Amazon? Here are few carefully curated resources to get you started:
- Freedom Ticket: Taught by Amazon thought leader Kevin King, get A-Z Amazon strategies and techniques for establishing and solidifying your business.
- Ultimate Resource Guide: Discover the best tools and services to help you dominate on Amazon.
- Helium 10: 20+ software tools to boost your entire sales pipeline from product research to customer communication and Amazon refund automation. Make running a successful Amazon business easier with better data and insights. See what our customers have to say.
- Helium 10 Chrome Extension: Verify your Amazon product idea and validate how lucrative it can be with over a dozen data metrics and profitability estimation.
- SellerTradmarks.com: Trademarks are vital for protecting your Amazon brand from hijackers, and sellertrademarks.com provides a streamlined process for helping you get one.
- #211 – Amazon Posts, Press Releases, and Google’s My Business – E-Commerce Pro Norm Farrar - January 19, 2021
- #210 – Two E-Commerce Pros Tell Why India is a Great Option for Amazon Sellers in 2021 - January 16, 2021
- #209 – 7 Figure Shopify Sellers Pivot to Amazon – Here is Their Story - January 12, 2021