Episode 102 – How to Use Selling on Amazon to Make that Life Change You’ve Been Dreaming About
How many of you have felt that it would be nice to take a little more time away from your job, but don’t because of the simple fact that if you’re not working, you don’t get paid?
It’s painfully simple math.
Work eight hours, make X amount of dollars.
You know that if you’re not there, you’re not going to make any money. If you decide to take a vacation, or your children happen to get sick, the money stops flowing.
If you’re like today’s guest, that’s one of the biggest reasons behind your interest in selling on Amazon.
On this episode of the Serious Sellers Podcast, Helium 10’s Director of Training and Customer Success, Bradley Sutton welcomes Stephanie, a member of one of our Helium 10 Facebook groups who says of herself, “I was just tired of trading hours for dollars.”
Stephanie lived with her husband and two children in upper Michigan where they owned and ran a full-service chiropractors office.
It was after their best friends approached her about formulating a line of children’s nutritional shakes to add to their company’s inventory that she became aware of selling on Amazon.
It took her about a year and though the roll-out of the product was not Amazon-specific, the homework she had done definitely stimulated her interest.
The line of shakes took off on Amazon and after learning the ropes and seeing how well it worked, she decided to find a product to sell for herself.
There are many different ways that sellers find their product ideas and she found hers because she couldn’t find it. She had been searching for a specific product on Amazon, and though she found remotely similar items, she couldn’t find exactly what she was looking for.
She did some preliminary research with Helium 10’s Xray tool and later on Etsy and Pinterest, and that gave her a sense of the product that she wanted.
So, she decided to create it.
Now, she and her husband have sold their chiropractors business and recently moved to Florida. There, she works three to five hours a day in support of her Amazon brand that at this point has become a six-figure business.
What does that work look like?
She says that she, “Spends time on product development, responds to emails, looks over her PPC, contributes to her social media program, and typically does all of this while listening to podcasts on eCommerce and selling on Amazon.”
As she tells it; “not working out at 5:00 am and later taking the kids to the park after school,” makes it all worthwhile.
And all the time, even if she’s not working, Amazon is.
Listen in to hear how Stephanie made it happen.
In episode 102 of the Serious Sellers Podcast, Bradley and Stephanie discuss:
- 02:20 – Stephanie’s Origin Story
- 04:30 – After Upper Michigan, Florida Sounded Pretty Nice
- 05:15 – Her eCommerce Began with a Children’s Nutritional Shake
- 07:15 – Once She Learned the Ropes, it Was Time to Start Her Own Brand
- 10:05 – Starting on Amazon with a Product She Couldn’t Find Herself
- 12:05 – Researching with Helium 10’s Xray as Well as on Etsy and Pinterest
- 15:30 – Splitting eCommerce Duties as a Couple
- 17:05 – “Trading Hours for Dollars” is No Bargain
- 20:25 – Not Working Out at 5:00 AM is a Bonus
- 23:20 – Spending Time with the Kids at the Park is Another Perk
- 25:04 – She’s Enjoying the Level They’re At
- 28:00 – Stephanie Believes in Trusting Her Instincts
Enjoy this episode? Be sure to check out our previous episodes for even more content to propel you to Amazon FBA Seller success! And don’t forget to “Like” our Facebook page and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Google Play or wherever you listen to our podcast.
Want to absolutely start crushing it on Amazon? Here are few carefully curated resources to get you started:
- Freedom Ticket: Taught by Amazon thought leader Kevin King, get A-Z Amazon strategies and techniques for establishing and solidifying your business.
- Ultimate Resource Guide: Discover the best tools and services to help you dominate on Amazon.
- Helium 10: 20+ software tools to boost your entire sales pipeline from product research to customer communication and Amazon refund automation. Make running a successful Amazon business easier with better data and insights. See what our customers have to say.
- Helium 10 Chrome Extension: Verify your Amazon product idea and validate how lucrative it can be with over a dozen data metrics and profitability estimation.
- SellerTradmarks.com: Trademarks are vital for protecting your Amazon brand from hijackers, and sellertrademarks.com provides a streamlined process for helping you get one.
Latest posts by Helium 10 (see all)
- Episode 104 – Helium 10’s Project X Case Study Reveals a New Way to Crush It on Amazon - January 21, 2020
- Episode 103 – Helium 10’s “Best Of” Podcast Offers a Fresh Look at Amazon’s Changes - January 18, 2020
- Episode 102 – How to Use Selling on Amazon to Make that Life Change You’ve Been Dreaming About - January 16, 2020