#103 – Helium 10’s “Best Of” Podcast Offers a Fresh Look at Amazon’s Changes
One thing that’s for sure, the Amazon universe doesn’t stand still.
It seems like every day there’s a change having to do with some aspect of life with the eCommerce giant.
All you need to do is pick up a newspaper, and you’ll see something written about Amazon.
That’s why we like to look at our podcast episodes with a fresh perspective from time to time and our new Helium 10’s “Best of” podcast series offers a way to do that.
Today on the Serious Sellers Podcast, Helium 10’s Director of Training and Customer Success, Bradley Sutton presents another “Best Of” edition of our podcasts.
This second edition of our new Helium 10 “Best of SSP” Podcast is going to take you an Amazon field trip to see what’s possible on the platform and possibly to give you a few ideas how you might use aspects of their approaches to create your own success on Amazon.
Today we’re featuring an eCommerce superstar with a golden touch who creates success (and money) no matter where he seems to turn.
There’s also a salt-of-the-earth seller that took his analog business skills and pivoted, turning himself into modern-day eCommerce dynamo.
It wouldn’t be an Amazon fantasy if there weren’t celebrity parties and luxury sports cars involved. Well, today we’ve got some of those as well.
And to finish, we have a seller who talks about what is universally considered to be the best way of making money on Amazon; selling your Amazon business.
Do you ever wonder how the teams that win the major sporting championships are seen wearing congratulatory t-shirts and hats bearing their team’s name as the clock is ticking down to zero?
Well, that’s because there’s another mirror image set of t-shirts out there somewhere, and that set is congratulating the big game’s eventual loser.
Ezra Firestone knows because although he might now have revenues in excess of 35 million and over 110 employees, he began his eCommerce journey by selling those historically inaccurate t-shirts.
How would you like 500 of the top media companies linking back to your products? Norm Farrar, a sought-after business consultant and expert on Amazon is going to offer us tips on doing just that.
One thing that he is known for is his success on Amazon and the set of standard operating procedures that he has created and put into place.
He now has over 400 SOPs and 279 alone having to do with launching a product.
Steve Howe, our next Amazon seller originally made a failed 700K bet on a product idea and then walked away speaking positively of the lessons that he and his team learned.
Now, he’s a millionaire, flying high and has that dream, Lamborghini.
And finally, there’s this subject that’s on everyone’s minds.
You can’t listen to experienced Amazon sellers for very long before the subject of selling your Amazon business comes up. It is, after all, the way the most will say is the best way to really make money on Amazon.
Our last guest will help you understand what it takes to clean up your brand and get it ready to sell, or maybe by that time, you’ll want to keep it.
Listen in to find out all this and more.
In episode 103, Bradley Sutton presents another “Best Of” edition of the Serious Sellers Podcast.
- 02:00 – What Happens to All Those “Loser’s” Championship T-Shirts?
- 04:00 – Ezra – “Humans Fall in Love with What They’re Good At”
- 05:36 – On Amazon, Go Deep Instead of Wide
- 07:15 – Off of Amazon, it’s the Best Promise that Wins
- 09:00 – Linking Back to Your Product with Press Releases
- 10:40 – If it’s Repeatable, then Record It
- 12:05 – One SOP a Week Will Make You an Expert in a Month
- 13:50 – Linking Press Releases Back to a Blog Article Gets You Noticed
- 15:15 – A Destroyed Garage Door Leads to Outsourced Lawn Mowing
- 17:20 – A-Team White-Board Session and a Lot of Money Makes for a Bad Idea
- 19:00 – Dope Vitamins to Keep Festival Goers Going
- 20:55 – R-Cubed; Reviews, Rating, and Rank
- 22:02 – Want to Sell Your Amazon Business? Here’s the Math.
- 24:00 – Sometimes You Hit the Glass Ceiling
- 24:40 – Getting Your Amazon Business Ready to Sell, then Keeping It
Enjoy this episode? Be sure to check out our previous episodes for even more content to propel you to Amazon FBA Seller success! And don’t forget to “Like” our Facebook page and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Google Play or wherever you listen to our podcast.
Want to absolutely start crushing it on Amazon? Here are few carefully curated resources to get you started:
- Freedom Ticket: Taught by Amazon thought leader Kevin King, get A-Z Amazon strategies and techniques for establishing and solidifying your business.
- Ultimate Resource Guide: Discover the best tools and services to help you dominate on Amazon.
- Helium 10: 20+ software tools to boost your entire sales pipeline from product research to customer communication and Amazon refund automation. Make running a successful Amazon business easier with better data and insights. See what our customers have to say.
- Helium 10 Chrome Extension: Verify your Amazon product idea and validate how lucrative it can be with over a dozen data metrics and profitability estimation.
- SellerTradmarks.com: Trademarks are vital for protecting your Amazon brand from hijackers, and sellertrademarks.com provides a streamlined process for helping you get one.
- #155 – Helium 10 Introduces 9 New Ways to Level-Up the Way You Track, Learn, and Earn on Amazon - June 30, 2020
- #154 – Amazon Warehousing Tactics, Foreign Accounts and a Product Launch for the South Korean Government - June 27, 2020
- #153 – This Amazon Seller Said No to College Debt; Yes, to E-Commerce and Clever Product Bundling Tactics - June 23, 2020