#104 – Helium 10’s Project X Case Study Reveals a New Way to Crush It on Amazon
Most Amazon sellers know that when it comes to any new product, conducting thorough research is crucial.
The traditional way follows the somewhat obvious path between search volume and success on Amazon. It’s straight-forward and makes sense.
This episode’s guest goes so far as to say that, “On Amazon, we sell keywords, not products.”
But it appears that there’s another way to find hot Amazon products and it involves a method of launching a product and running PPC test systems on it, before you even consider ordering the product itself.
Today on the Serious Sellers Podcast, Helium 10’s Director of Training and Customer Success, Bradley Sutton welcomes Tim Jordan, who is here to help introduce Helium 10’s new Project X.
Last year Tim, Bradley and Helium 10’s Manny Coats had several conversations about the state of affairs on the Amazon selling landscape.
They were curious about the opinions of both experienced and new sellers. All three thought that there were too many podcasts and YouTube videos of “hacks” and courses that made success on Amazon seem a little too easy.
At the same time, there was also a percentage of people who were saying that the days of making any real money selling on Amazon were over.
So, they decided to set the record straight.
But, how to make sure that Amazon sellers paid attention. After all, talk is cheap.
Fortunately, Tim had been experimenting with a revolutionary new technique, and together with Bradley Sutton and Helium 10, they created a case study to demonstrate to sellers that Amazon was still full of tremendous product opportunities and you didn’t need to spend a ton of money to find them.
Project X was born.
Project X is a 14-part video series available on Helium 10’s YouTube channel that documents the path that Bradley and Tim take in exploring opportunity on Amazon and a very new way of searching for products to sell.
It will show everything from Tim’s sourcing trips to China to how they use this new method that locates great Amazon products hiding in plain sight behind relatively unsearched-for keywords.
Then, they will launch and sell the product.
The technique creates PPC campaigns for products with relevant keywords in order to develop a very basic listing before ordering a single product. Tim had been spending more time in China and needed an easy way to demonstrate to clients the potential of different product ideas. This was it.
Now, you’ll be able to watch and listen every Monday and Wednesday when the episodes are released as well as checking in on Friday when Bradley and Tim will do their AMAs (Ask me Anything) episodes on YouTube.
Are they giving away too much valuable information?
According to Tim, this kind of sharing of resources isn’t just about generosity, it’s a question of, “building a bigger pizza.”
He says that, “These are the kind of techniques that are going to drive business and create additional opportunities for all of us.”
Don’t be left behind. Listen today and find out more about Project X.
In episode 104 of the Serious Sellers Podcast, Bradley and Tim discuss:
- 02:15 – To Start With; Why Was this “Project” Needed?
- 04:15 – There’s Still Plenty of Opportunities for Regular People
- 08:00 – 8 – Figure Sellers aren’t Always Profitable
- 08:40 – Project X – An Amazon Seller’s Journey
- 10:30 – Tim – “We Sell Keywords, Not Products.”
- 13:00 – Another Way to Search
- 15:50 – Validating Tim’s Methods
- 18:45 – A Simple Technique and Life Changing Opportunities
- 19:45 – PPC Test Listings
- 21:00 – How Tim’s Test System Works
- 22:10 – Checking the Depth of the Water Before Jumping
- 25:37 – For Amazon Experts as Well as New Sellers, this is New Info
- 27:00 – Watching Products Take Off and Having Fun in the Process
- 29:40 – Building a Bigger Pizza (of Opportunity)
- 32:00 – Here’s How You Can Make Sure You Don’t Miss Episodes
- 34:33 – Tim Jordan’s 30 – Second Tip
Enjoy this episode? Be sure to check out our previous episodes for even more content to propel you to Amazon FBA Seller success! And don’t forget to “Like” our Facebook page and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Google Play or wherever you listen to our podcast.
Want to absolutely start crushing it on Amazon? Here are few carefully curated resources to get you started:
- Freedom Ticket: Taught by Amazon thought leader Kevin King, get A-Z Amazon strategies and techniques for establishing and solidifying your business.
- Ultimate Resource Guide: Discover the best tools and services to help you dominate on Amazon.
- Helium 10: 20+ software tools to boost your entire sales pipeline from product research to customer communication and Amazon refund automation. Make running a successful Amazon business easier with better data and insights. See what our customers have to say.
- Helium 10 Chrome Extension: Verify your Amazon product idea and validate how lucrative it can be with over a dozen data metrics and profitability estimation.
- SellerTradmarks.com: Trademarks are vital for protecting your Amazon brand from hijackers, and sellertrademarks.com provides a streamlined process for helping you get one.
- #130 – Top Amazon Tips and Strategies for 2020 from eCommerce Super Star Kevin King - March 31, 2020
- #129 – This Coronavirus Round Table Offers Up to Date Wisdom from Amazon Super-Stars - March 30, 2020
- #128 – Introducing Helium 10’s Portals, An Amazon Optimized Landing Page to Drive Outside Traffic to Your Products - March 26, 2020