#145 – For this Former Lawyer, a Costa Rica Move Was Her Path To Children and 7 Figures Selling on Amazon
I think that almost everyone has those moments when they’re tempted to throw it all away and run off to a tropical beach town. When you’re throwing away a six-figure salary, it requires a different level of commitment.
Today on the Serious Sellers Podcast, Helium 10’s Bradley Sutton interviews a lawyer who left the world’s top grossing law firm to open a hostel in the Costa Rica jungle. Anne Ferris was at her limit. Billing 3000 hours a year in between calls to the firm’s emotional support hotline; something had to give.
It did, and after a Google search of “Hostels for sale in Costa Rica,” Anne left London with two suitcases. Now she’s already tripled her lawyer’s salary selling on Amazon and says she’s just getting started.
In episode 145 of the Serious Sellers Podcast, Bradley and Anne discuss:
- 04:00 – “I’m Good at School, I Guess I’ll Become a Lawyer”
- 05:55 – Billing 3000 Hours a Year and Managing Extreme High Stress
- 07:30 – Women Working as If They Didn’t Have Children Wasn’t What Anne Wanted
- 09:00 – “If You Could Do Anything, What Would It Be?”
- 09:30 – Looking on Google for Hotels for Sale in Latin America
- 11:00 – Moving to Costa Rica with Two Suitcases to Open a Hostel
- 13:50 – Anne’s in Paradise; Why the Pivot to Amazon?
- 16:40 – There Are Many Different Ways to Be a Successful Amazon Seller
- 19:45 – Finding a Niche by Choosing a Sample that’s Twice the Price
- 23:00 – Tripling Her Lawyer’s Salary on Amazon
- 25:30 – “That Last Year Was Fun; Now it’s Time to Level-Up”
- 28:00 – Starting Off with High ROIs Was Helpful
- 30:00 – Controlling the Content with Lifestyle Images
- 33:00 – Social Media Cadence – “Say What?”
- 35:20 – A Good Relationship with the Supplier Really Helps
- 40:20 – Anne’s 30 Second Tip
- 43:00 – Anne – “Don’t Let Yourself Get Stuck”
Enjoy this episode? Be sure to check out our previous episodes for even more content to propel you to Amazon FBA Seller success! And don’t forget to “Like” our Facebook page and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Google Play or wherever you listen to our podcast.
Want to absolutely start crushing it on Amazon? Here are few carefully curated resources to get you started:
- Freedom Ticket: Taught by Amazon thought leader Kevin King, get A-Z Amazon strategies and techniques for establishing and solidifying your business.
- Ultimate Resource Guide: Discover the best tools and services to help you dominate on Amazon.
- Helium 10: 20+ software tools to boost your entire sales pipeline from product research to customer communication and Amazon refund automation. Make running a successful Amazon business easier with better data and insights. See what our customers have to say.
- Helium 10 Chrome Extension: Verify your Amazon product idea and validate how lucrative it can be with over a dozen data metrics and profitability estimation.
- SellerTradmarks.com: Trademarks are vital for protecting your Amazon brand from hijackers, and sellertrademarks.com provides a streamlined process for helping you get one.
- #149 – Why the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Might Offer Sellers a Stealthy Launch of Their Amazon Products. - June 2, 2020
- #148 – How LEGO Puts Helium 10’s Tools to Use in Scaling Up on Amazon - May 30, 2020
- #147 – Here’s a Mega “Best of” Episode with Highlights from the Serious Sellers and AM/PM Podcasts as Well as Our Blogs - May 26, 2020