#218 – The Science Behind “Going Viral” with Rachel Miller
Not sure where to start with your first Amazon product? You may want to turn your attention towards social media.
Today on the Serious Sellers Podcast, Helium 10’s Director of Training and Chief Evangelist, Bradley Sutton welcomes Rachel Miller. Born in New Jersey, raised in the Menanite area of Pennsylvania, and currently living in Texas, Rachel is no stranger to variety! Especially when it comes to different communities.
Like so many of us, Rachel had one idea of what she wanted for a career but life and a big family (as it always does) had other plans. She created her own blog, which she promptly nurtured and grew to 10 million page views per month. Having successfully fostered a bustling online community, she set her sights on something bigger: e-commerce. More specifically, finding a product to sell on Amazon leveraging social media communities.
In episode 218 of the Serious Sellers Podcast, Bradley and Rachel discuss:
- 03:56 – Family Life in Rural Pennsylvania
- 07:30 – Pivoting from Successful Blog to Amazon Seller
- 11:48 – “Finding Your Gift” (and monetizing it!)
- 13:37 – The Science of “Going Viral”
- 17:02 – How to Build an Audience Based on Buying Potential
- 18:57 – “Niche Neighborhooding” – How to Start
- 20:57 – Facebook Pages vs. Facebook Groups vs. Facebook Profiles
- 23:20 – The Trap of Inauthenticity
- 27:43 – 750,000 Orders in a Single Month – A Success Story
- 28:50 – Where to Send People to Purchase
- 30:10 – What is the Right Cadence for Post Activity?
- 33:53 – Juggling Family & Business
- 36:18 – Leveraging Facebook on a Tight Budget
- 39:48 – Find Your 10-Minute Work Anthem – A Tip for Working Parents
- 41:21 – How to Get in Touch With Rachel
Enjoy this episode? Be sure to check out our previous episodes for even more content to propel you to Amazon FBA Seller success! And don’t forget to “Like” our Facebook page and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Google Play or wherever you listen to our podcast.
Want to absolutely start crushing it on Amazon? Here are few carefully curated resources to get you started:
- Freedom Ticket: Taught by Amazon thought leader Kevin King, get A-Z Amazon strategies and techniques for establishing and solidifying your business.
- Ultimate Resource Guide: Discover the best tools and services to help you dominate on Amazon.
- Helium 10: 20+ software tools to boost your entire sales pipeline from product research to customer communication and Amazon refund automation. Make running a successful Amazon business easier with better data and insights. See what our customers have to say.
- Helium 10 Chrome Extension: Verify your Amazon product idea and validate how lucrative it can be with over a dozen data metrics and profitability estimation.
- SellerTradmarks.com: Trademarks are vital for protecting your Amazon brand from hijackers, and sellertrademarks.com provides a streamlined process for helping you get one.
- #289 – PPC Talk: Amazon Advertising & Adtomic Updates - October 16, 2021
- #288 – Amazon Posts 101 - October 12, 2021
- #287 – Bookkeeping And Accounting Tips For Amazon Sellers - October 9, 2021