#246 – Outsourcing, Influencers, Using Smaller Shipments, and Other New Amazon Strategies
Every year there’s bound to be changes on Amazon and this last year only exaggerated that trend. Between the pandemic, the effects of the UK leaving the European Union, and the various shipping challenges that Amazon sellers have had to face, e-commerce in 2021 has undergone a number of significant adjustments.
That’s why it’s a good thing that today on the Serious Sellers Podcast, Helium 10’s Director of Training and Chief Evangelist, Bradley Sutton is welcoming back a favorite guest to make sure we get the latest information from both sides of the Atlantic Ocean. Cara Sayer is not only a very successful Amazon seller, she’s also an experienced marketer and has a number of unique strategies that have allowed her to weather the last year better than most.
Listen in to hear Cara talk about how she employs armies of influencers to promote her brand, uses smaller shipments to safeguard against supply chain problems, and takes advantage of blogs and SEO strategy to keep her product in the front of her customers’ minds.
In episode 246 of the Serious Sellers Podcast, Bradley and Cara discuss:
- 03:52 – How Did the Pandemic Affect UK Sellers?
- 06:12 – Getting Placed on the Non-Essential List
- 08:50 – Shipping Delays Create Additional Challenges
- 11:08 – 3PLs and Managing Amazon’s Shipping Limitations
- 14:11 – Smaller Shipments are Reducing Her Damages
- 18:02 – How Cara Navigates a Difficult Shipping Formula
- 19:04 – How the Struggle Between the UK and the EU is Affecting E-Commerce
- 25:21 – The Pandemic Started Cara’s Cost Cutting Initiative
- 27:22 – Building in Enough Profit to Weather Storms
- 29:59 – How Cara is Capitalizing on the Power of Influencers
- 33:08 – Managing Content and SEO
- 37:16 – Outsourcing Can Be the Key to Profitability
- 40:54 – How to Contact Cara
Enjoy this episode? Be sure to check out our previous episodes for even more content to propel you to Amazon FBA Seller success! And don’t forget to “Like” our Facebook page and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Google Podcast or wherever you listen to our podcast.
Want to absolutely start crushing it on Amazon? Here are few carefully curated resources to get you started:
- Freedom Ticket: Taught by Amazon thought leader Kevin King, get A-Z Amazon strategies and techniques for establishing and solidifying your business.
- Ultimate Resource Guide: Discover the best tools and services to help you dominate on Amazon.
- Helium 10: 20+ software tools to boost your entire sales pipeline from product research to customer communication and Amazon refund automation. Make running a successful Amazon business easier with better data and insights. See what our customers have to say.
- Helium 10 Chrome Extension: Verify your Amazon product idea and validate how lucrative it can be with over a dozen data metrics and profitability estimation.
- SellerTradmarks.com: Trademarks are vital for protecting your Amazon brand from hijackers, and sellertrademarks.com provides a streamlined process for helping you get one.
- #281 – From 40k a Day to Losing Over $1 Million! – Kevin King Shares a Cautionary Tale - September 18, 2021
- #280 – From Amazon Posts to Product Inserts: Big Wins for Small Brands - September 14, 2021
- #279 – Getting More Bang For Your Buck From Your Amazon Proceeds - September 11, 2021