#224 – A to Z Amazon Management Strategies from an E-Commerce Pro
Getting started on Amazon is easy. It’s keeping everything running smoothly that can sometimes be challenging. Today on the Serious Sellers Podcast, Helium 10’s Director of Training and Chief Evangelist, Bradley Sutton welcomes an e-commerce veteran into the studio to talk about selling on Amazon in 2021 and give a report on what’s happened in the last year.
Steven Pope is a top Amazon thought leader and founder of My Amazon Guy, which offers full-service management from advertising, search engine optimization, and A+ enhanced brand content design, to catalog merchandising and inventory management for FBA.
Before he started with e-commerce, Steven was a television reporter as well as a nationally ranked chess player. Over his marketing career he has helped businesses like APMEX raise SEO traffic 10-million unique visitors year over year, and others increase marketplace sales upwards of 300%.
This is one episode you don’t want to miss. After all, who doesn’t want to be a couple of moves ahead of the competition?
In episode 224 of the Serious Sellers Podcast, Bradley and Steven discuss:
- 02:51 – Son of a Weatherman, TV was Steven’s First Career
- 05:34 – Selling Everything from Plus-Sized Clothing to Silver and Gold
- 06:33 – A Series of Failed Start-Ups Gave Him E-Commerce Experience
- 10:30 – A Light at the End of the E-Commerce Tunnel
- 11:30 – Working in a Traditionally Challenging Niche
- 14:52 – Selling (and Shipping) a Fragile Amazon Product
- 18:12 – Is a “Just in Time” Supply Chain Dead?
- 20:30 – A Big Shout-Out to Helium 10’s Frankenstein from Steven
- 23:30 – Looking Closely at Keyword Rankings
- 26:42 – How Steven Promotes Keywords
- 30:18 – Amazon’s “Back End” Strategies
- 31:34 – Going All in to Convert for a Phrase
- 34:21 – How to Connect with Steven
Enjoy this episode? Be sure to check out our previous episodes for even more content to propel you to Amazon FBA Seller success! And don’t forget to “Like” our Facebook page and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Google Play or wherever you listen to our podcast.
Want to absolutely start crushing it on Amazon? Here are few carefully curated resources to get you started:
- Freedom Ticket: Taught by Amazon thought leader Kevin King, get A-Z Amazon strategies and techniques for establishing and solidifying your business.
- Ultimate Resource Guide: Discover the best tools and services to help you dominate on Amazon.
- Helium 10: 20+ software tools to boost your entire sales pipeline from product research to customer communication and Amazon refund automation. Make running a successful Amazon business easier with better data and insights. See what our customers have to say.
- Helium 10 Chrome Extension: Verify your Amazon product idea and validate how lucrative it can be with over a dozen data metrics and profitability estimation.
- SellerTradmarks.com: Trademarks are vital for protecting your Amazon brand from hijackers, and sellertrademarks.com provides a streamlined process for helping you get one.
- #268 – Top 10 Strategies Most Amazon Sellers Don’t Know About - August 3, 2021
- #267 – The Latest Strategies for Getting to Page One on and off Amazon - August 2, 2021
- #266 – Here’s How TikTok and LinkedIn Can Power Your E-Commerce Business - July 27, 2021