Episode 97 – Set It and Forget it? Not Your Amazon Seller Account
Let’s say you’re trying to rank on Amazon for keywords that are going to get you to the top of the first page.
You probably know that you’re not going to automatically start there.
You are going to have to open your wallets and pay for PPC advertising to make it happen.
Most of the time, it’s worth it.
It’s definitely not worth it however if you are spending that hard-earned money to compete against a product that is literally invisible to your potential buyers.
As Bradley Sutton describes in today’s episode, if you are a seller of professional accordions competing against someone selling children’s toy accordions for the same keywords, those toys aren’t even on your buyer’s radar.
Today on the Serious Sellers Podcast, Helium 10’s Director of Training and Customer Success, Bradley Sutton presents a mini-workshop on your Amazon selling account’s maintenance.
It will focus on the steps you need to take after you already have an active Amazon listing and want to make sure that you keep scaling up in order to crush the competition.
As Bradley says, the first thing you’ll want to do is to make sure that the money you’re spending on keywords is warranted.
If you are using Helium 10 software, the easiest way is to simply go into Keyword Tracker.
Here you’ll be able to see that you are concentrating on the keywords that will definitely be bringing you sales.
As Bradley says, “If you’re spending money, you want to make sure that the keywords are worth it.”
What’s most important is tracking both your organic and sponsored keywords relative to your top competitors.
You’ll also be able to closely track your finances. At the end of the day, that’s what is going to allow you to scale up your business or wave a white flag of surrender.
I know you’ve heard it before, but success on Amazon isn’t about sales, it’s all about profit.
It sounds obvious, but as Bradley says, too many Amazon sellers put their products up and cross their fingers. Instead, use these tools and know exactly what you’re spending and how your product is doing.
One of the most valuable features of Helium 10’s software is our Alerts tool.
With Alerts you’ll be made aware of what is happening on a day to day basis with all your listed products, including your images, the title, the category, all new reviews, and the dimensions of your product.
Helium 10’s Alerts will contact you with either text or email in order to make you aware of potentially damaging changes and also send screenshots of your listings every single day.
We all know that selling on Amazon is becoming more competitive every single day. Here’s another great way to separate yourself from the Amazon sellers who aren’t making these simple efforts.
Helium 10 is here to help you get a step on the competition.
Listen in for more tips on how to do just that.
In episode 97 of the Serious Sellers Podcast, Bradley discusses:
- 01:03 – Account Maintenance 101
- 02:35 – It’s Going to Cost Money to Get to Page One
- 04:00 – Keyword Relativity is What’s Important
- 06:00 – You Need to Know your “Real” Competitors
- 07:15 – It Always Comes Down to Finances
- 09:05 – It’s Profits, Not Sales
- 10:00 – How Alerts Keeps You on Top
- 12:00 – Know What Your Buyers are Saying
- 13:02 – Changes to your Products Dimensions Can Eat Up your Profits
- 14:50 – Screenshots Give You the Real Story
- 16:45 – Amazon’s Early Reviewer Program
- 19:18 – Helium 10’s Refund Genie Doublechecks Amazon’s Math
- 21:17 – Another Way to Get a Leg Up on the Competition
Enjoy this episode? Be sure to check out our previous episodes for even more content to propel you to Amazon FBA Seller success! And don’t forget to “Like” our Facebook page and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Google Play or wherever you listen to our podcast.
Want to absolutely start crushing it on Amazon? Here are few carefully curated resources to get you started:
- Freedom Ticket: Taught by Amazon thought leader Kevin King, get A-Z Amazon strategies and techniques for establishing and solidifying your business.
- Ultimate Resource Guide: Discover the best tools and services to help you dominate on Amazon.
- Helium 10: 20+ software tools to boost your entire sales pipeline from product research to customer communication and Amazon refund automation. Make running a successful Amazon business easier with better data and insights. See what our customers have to say.
- Helium 10 Chrome Extension: Verify your Amazon product idea and validate how lucrative it can be with over a dozen data metrics and profitability estimation.
- SellerTradmarks.com: Trademarks are vital for protecting your Amazon brand from hijackers, and sellertrademarks.com provides a streamlined process for helping you get one.
- #179 – Expert Strategies for Sourcing, Alibaba, and Micro-influencers – Kian Golzari - September 22, 2020
- Weekly News 9/19 – Email Communication, Rule Changes, Amazon Stores and Amazon Warehouse Expansion - September 21, 2020
- #178 – How to Sell on Amazon Japan – Nick Katz - September 19, 2020