Amazon Launches New Seller Central Alexa Skill for Sellers
Access your account details and data through voice command with the Seller Central Alexa skill developed by Amazon
Amazon’s new Seller Central Alexa skill aims to make monitoring business easier and more efficient for sellers. Released originally to beta users in December 2017, the new Alexa skill is now available to all vendors within the U.S. marketplace.
Through this new skill, Alexa now serves as a virtual employee as well as a personal assistant. Getting started is as easy as hitting the “enable” button on the Amazon Seller Central page. Once enabled, link your seller account when prompted. After setup, say the magic words, “Alexa, open Seller Central” to start accessing your seller account functions.
Sellers will be happy to know that the Seller Central Alexa skill is also free to enable and backed by five-star reviews across the board. Once activated, sellers can pose specific command questions to Alexa for access to all their business-related information.
What Can I Ask the Seller Central Alexa Skill?
Some examples of command queries from Amazon Seller Central include the following:
- How’s my business?
- How’s my inventory doing?
- What were my sales last week?
- Did I receive any orders?
- What were my sales last week?
- Do I have any buyer messages?
- What’s my current balance?
- What are my campaigns?
- When will I get paid?
What Seller Central Data Can I Access Through Alexa?
The Seller Central Alexa skill can also provide quick and constant updates for busy professionals, including things like:
- Inventory Assessments
- Campaign Performances
- Message Summaries
- Bank Balances
- Upcoming Payments
Visit the Amazon Seller Central page to see a list of more queries to get you started.
JUST SO YOU KNOW: The only real caveat to access and use this skill is that sellers need an Alexa-enabled device at their disposal and a professional seller account. If you’re an individual seller and like the sound of this, maybe it’s time to upgrade to a professional account.
The Benefits of the Seller Central Alexa Skill
Part of Amazon’s control of the voice-enabled digital assistant market is its ability to recognize seller needs and jump on the chance to fulfill them. The new skill reinforces Amazon’s dominance in the market.
Beta testers who’ve already given the Seller Central Alexa skill favorable reviews mostly raved about its:
- Utility for accessing multiple parts of the seller’s account
- Convenience in receiving information and updates any time the seller wants
- Efficiency in obtaining the most up-to-date information on specific areas of business
- Accessibility through a voice-controlled device
- Ease of use for newer and busier sellers
- Conversational tone that engages sellers
- Instant access to information on overall business health
To get started with Alexa as your newest virtual assistant, purchase an Alexa device (if you haven’t already) and enable the Seller Central Alexa skill for access to your account with the sound of your voice.
Are you excited to access your Seller Central account through voice command with the new Alexa skill? Let us know in the comments below!
- #179 – Expert Strategies for Sourcing, Alibaba, and Micro-influencers – Kian Golzari - September 22, 2020
- Weekly News 9/19 – Email Communication, Rule Changes, Amazon Stores and Amazon Warehouse Expansion - September 21, 2020
- #178 – How to Sell on Amazon Japan – Nick Katz - September 19, 2020