5 Amazon Business Tasks That Can Be Automated
As a seller, do you find yourself inundated with too many Amazon business tasks on your plate? As the brand owner, it can be hard to let go of certain duties for your online business, especially if you have trouble trusting someone else to do them correctly.
While key decision making regarding the “big picture” of your brand should be left to you, there are many smaller tasks that you can certainly delegate to either an employee or to an automated software program.
While you may at first feel apprehensive to relinquish control over any of your Amazon business tasks, you are in fact taking a step to improving your business. Tasks require effort and time, two valuable resources for which you have a finite amount.
To effectively scale your Amazon business and lead your brand towards success, you are better off devoting more of your time to larger milestones that the daily grind.
For more valuable information on the best methods for maintaining the success of your Amazon products after launch, check out The Ultimate Guide to Amazon Business Maintenance and Growth below:
5 Automatable Amazon Business Tasks
For an Amazon business task to be eligible for being automated, it must have the following qualities:
- Necessary to the operation of the business
- Does not require you the seller to have constant input
- Does not require highly-specialized skills to perform (i.e. a programmer)
Here are five great examples of task types you can delegate away from your own workload:
These kinds of tasks typically deal with customer inquiries and transactions, as well as direct communication with customers. Some examples of these tasks include:
- Answering customer queries via phone, email, or text
- Engagement via social media platforms
- Handling complaints, returns, and exchanges
Often assigned to a secretary or executive assistant in many other companies, these tasks help keep the numbers and paperwork of your business updated. Some examples of these tasks include:
- Organizing data into tables or spreadsheets
- Drafting press releases
While you certainly can analyze the data for yourself and make decisions on which product may be good to sell, the initial stages of research for new products or keywords can be quite arduous and time-consuming. Some examples of these tasks include:
- Initial product research (we suggest Black Box and Xray for easier research)
- Keyword research (we suggest Cerebro and Magnet for easier research)
- Amazon listing creation (we suggest Frankenstein and Scribbles for easier research)
Logistics can be a time-consuming task, especially as your business grows if you ship your own products outside of FBA. Some examples of these tasks include:
- Prepare your inventory to be sent to Amazon
- Coordinate with a 3rd-party logistics company when shipping items via your website or FBM (Fulfilled by Merchant)
- Keeping track of inventory levels and organizing new shipments from suppliers
While not as specialized as a programmer or web designer, be sure to hire a marketing expert very familiar with advertising on Amazon, Google, Bing, Facebook, Instagram, and other social platforms; if they have done advertising for your type of product before, all the better. Some examples of these tasks include:
- Running ads for your business on and off Amazon
- Tracking the success of PPC campaigns
- Crafting scripts for chatbot marketing via text messaging
By and large, there are many Amazon business tasks that you can afford to let someone else take care of for you so you can have more time for not just your big business ideas, but other aspects of your life. Many sellers enjoy flexible schedules and lifestyles because they entrust many of these more mundane but important tasks to others.
Do you have your own story about relinquishing Amazon business tasks to an employee or virtual assistant for the better? Tell us about it in the comments below!
Cerebro is Jonathan's favorite Helium 10 tool because of its' versatility and value for FBA sellers.
Latest posts by Jonathan Dean (see all)
- Prosper Show 2019: Helium 10 Recap and Takeaways - March 28, 2019
- Promote Your Product Via Livestream Video with Amazon Live Creator - March 20, 2019
- How to Provide Good Amazon TOS Compliant Customer Service - March 13, 2019