Episode 73 – Powerful (Organic) Social Media Strategies from Top Facebook Marketing Expert
There’s a good reason for all those wooden shoes.
The word Netherlands literally means ‘low countries” and refers to the nation’s low land and flat geography.
Much of the Netherland’s current surface area was rescued from the sea. The shoreline was extended by building dikes into the ocean and subsequently pumping the water out of the area between the dikes and the original shoreline.
This requires both consistent hard work and specifically intentioned skillful engineering.
Blacksmithing is one of the oldest trades in the world. One of the things that makes it unique is that almost all the work is done by hand.
A lump of iron is crafted into beautiful shapes and that serve a purpose, oftentimes allowing businesses to make quantum changes in their ability to succeed in competitive marketplaces.
It’s not a very big surprise to find out that our guest today is both from the Netherlands and a variety of blacksmith.
Today on the Serious Sellers Podcast, Helium 10’s Director of Training and Customer Success, Bradley Sutton welcomes Wilfried Ligthart, the founder of Digital Blacksmiths and an expert on Facebook marketing who offers tips on using social media strategy in order to super-charge your eCommerce business.
As we’ll learn today from Wilfried, creating a powerful, effective presence on social media isn’t voodoo, it rewards the same combination of consistency, focus and hard work.
After Master’s Degrees in both Finance and Communication, he worked for years as a CEO at a multi-million-dollar Media Company in The Netherlands.
Wilfried says that “He saw that the world was making a gigantic shift in how people live their lives and conduct business,” and that “traditional means of getting in contact with your client had totally changed in the last decade.”
He soon became an expert at creating Facebook fan pages that attract millions of followers and then turning around and converting these followers into paid customers.
OK, if it’s not voodoo, how does he do it?
It started for Wilfried when a friend complained that he was spending significant money on both a marketing agency and on Google Ads without any real return on his investment.
At almost the same time, he came to the realization that for him, selling on Amazon didn’t offer a seller enough real control over their business.
He quickly did the math and decided that the way forward for eCommerce businesses was a significant increase in their investment in real-time one on one interaction with their customers.
But, what does that mean exactly? For Wilfried, that meant adding another “C” to the TLC acronym.
As we hear time and again from many different experts on both Amazon and social media, “Consistency” is KEY.
That could mean sticking it out through a bad initial private label product choice or making sure that you’ve created a social media schedule and have a chat-bot Messenger set up on your Facebook page.
Today’s podcast isn’t just “crushing it” on Amazon. All today’s guest has done is figure out a way how to use social media to reach 2 billion people with a ten-thousand-dollar budget.
Sounds like someone with something important to say to anyone involved in eCommerce. Listen in and find out more.
In episode 73 of the Serious Sellers Podcast, Bradley and Wilfried discuss:
- 01:54 – A Marketer Who Hates to Spend – Wilfried’s Origin Story
- 03:04 – T L C + C (Consistency)
- 06:15 – Reaching 12 Million People for Free
- 07:02 – The First Hour of a Post is Very Important
- 09:25 – Digital Blacksmith’s Tactics – Rebates, Social-Proof and Stories
- 09:45 – Newspapers are Delivered Every Morning – Staying Consistent
- 11:55 – Making Amazon’s Algorithm Work for Him
- 13:38 – Getting Engaged Before You Get Married
- 15:58 – Wilfried’s Google Specific Tool Tips
- 17:50 – A Goldfish’s Superior Attention Span
- 21:14 – 1) Useful 2) Interesting 3) Trending 4) Relevant 5) Sales
- 23:24 – Every Niche is Different – Selling Kitchen Faucets to Germans
- 24:48 – The Ratio of Value to Actual Sales Posts
- 27:39 – Be Funny, Be Instructive, Be Authentic and Be Interactive
- 28:14 – Basic Google Ads Skills
- 31:46 – How to Reach Out to Wilfried
Enjoy this episode? Be sure to check out our previous episodes for even more content to propel you to Amazon FBA Seller success! And don’t forget to “Like” our Facebook page and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Google Play or wherever you listen to our podcast.
Want to absolutely start crushing it on Amazon? Here are few carefully curated resources to get you started:
- Freedom Ticket: Taught by Amazon thought leader Kevin King, get A-Z Amazon strategies and techniques for establishing and solidifying your business.
- Ultimate Resource Guide: Discover the best tools and services to help you dominate on Amazon.
- Helium 10: 20+ software tools to boost your entire sales pipeline from product research to customer communication and Amazon refund automation. Make running a successful Amazon business easier with better data and insights. See what our customers have to say.
- Helium 10 Chrome Extension: Verify your Amazon product idea and validate how lucrative it can be with over a dozen data metrics and profitability estimation.
- SellerTradmarks.com: Trademarks are vital for protecting your Amazon brand from hijackers, and sellertrademarks.com provides a streamlined process for helping you get one.
- #133 – This 7-Figure Amazon Seller Started Working in Russia at 12, and Sold Her First Business at 17 - April 7, 2020
- #132 – Trademark Experts, Money Making Board Games and Four New Helium 10 Tools – Here’s What You Might Have Missed - April 4, 2020
- #131 – An 8 Figure Amazon Seller Tells Why Virtual Assistants Can Help You Scale Up Your Business - April 2, 2020